2017/2018 Membership Renewal Information for all club members
All membership renewals and membership fees are due by 31st August 2017
Please read all of the information below carefully before beginning the online renewal process. If necessary please print these instructions and the relevant information sheets so that you can follow each step easily.
If you have any questions AFTER you have read the following information and instruction sheets please email email@example.com Emails should be replied to on the same day as your email (after 7pm), however there may be times when there is a delay of a day.
Member Portal accounts
All members who renewed their membership last year will already have a Members Portal account in either a parent’s name (and be part of a family group) or, if the member is over 14 without a parent who is a member, in their own name (not part of a family group).
You need to log in to this account to renew your membership. Click here to access your account or click on the ‘SLSA Members Portal’ button on the left and log in. If you have forgotten your password click the‘Forgot your password?’ line and follow the instructions.
If you are a renewing member and for some reason don’t already have a Members Portal account click here for instructions on how to create a Members Portal account and follow these instructions to create an account. If you are having trouble setting up your Members Portal Account please contact the club on email firstname.lastname@example.org
Life members and 500 club members should also request renewal of their memberships through the Members Portal so that their details remain up to date.
The steps to follow to ensure your membership is processed quickly are:
- Log in to your Members Portal account or create a Members Portal account if you are a renewing member and for some reason don’t already have one.
- If you have a family group already setup follow the “Yes” instructions on the Membership Renewal Flow Chart to request your family group renewal. Please make sure you go to the MY FAMILY tab (NOT the Memberships tab)and renew your entire family by ticking the box to the left of each name and the declaration box and then submitting the request. If yo don’t tick the boxes your family members will not be renewed.
- For all other members click here for instructions on how to renew if you are not part of a Family Group.
- On the same day that you apply for your renewal please pay your fees by credit card through the SLSA payment gateway or by direct bank deposit (bank details will display on the screen once you have successfully submitted your renewal). If paying by direct bank deposit please email email@example.com to advise details of your payment. Click here for a list of fees and sample payments. If you are unsure of the fee you should pay please email the club for clarification. The main thing to remember is that if you are paying the family discounted fee you don’t need to pay an additional $80 per nipper. Nipper parents please don’t forget to pay the Nipper Board and Equipment Levy which is COMPULSORY for each nipper.
- Ensure WWCC requirements are met (click here for the Club WWCC Policy and information sheet).
- Nipper parents – complete the COMPULSORY Online Nipper Parent Assistance Form. Remember it must be the parent who is a member of the club that assists with the program. Please don’t skip this step.
Once you have submitted your online membership renewal it will be listed as pending in the club database. Renewal requests will not be accepted until the Registrar has received:
- a request from your members portal account to renew your membership or your family’s memberships
- membership fees and the Board and Equipment Levy for each Nipper
- Online Parent Assistance form (Nipper parents only)
- a WWCC assessment notice as per the Point Leo SLSC Inc WWCC policy requirements.
A lot of voluntary time is given to ensure your memberships are processed in a timely manner. Please assist us with this process by completing the entire renewal process, including payment of fees and completion of the Parent Assistance form, on the same day (ie. please do not request your renewal tomorrow and then wait three weeks to pay).
Please do not email the club to find out if your renewal has been processed. Instead please log in to your Members Portal account to check this. If there is a message that says “You have no pending requests” in the Pending Requests box on the dashboard then your renewal has been processed.
Please note that all membership fees must be paid prior to undertaking any lifesaving or competition training, competition, camps, award assessments or skills maintenance sessions. Until fees are paid, members are not covered by insurance for lifesaving activities and therefore may not participate in these activities.
Any queries relating to your membership renewal or fees MUST be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please DO NOT CONTACT LSV OR SLSA unless advised to do so by Point Leo SLSC administration.
If you don’t intend to renew your membership this year it would be appreciated if you could let us know so that we can remove you from our mailing list.
Working with Children Check (WWCC)
Point Leo SLSC has a Working With Children Check Policy. Click here for a copy of this policy and information. Please read it carefully so that you clearly understand the Club’s requirements. If you feel that you are eligible to apply for membership without the requirement to hold a WWCC please email the club with your request to have the WWCC requirement waived. If you have any questions regarding this policy please email email@example.com
Car Pass Stickers
Once all membership renewal requirements have been completed and membership fees paid, a car pass sticker will be posted to eligible members who completed a minimum of 16 hours of patrol last season (2016/2017). The Point Leo Foreshore Ranger has advised that if the new season car pass stickers are not displayed on your car after 31st October that you will be charged the Foreshore entry fee at the gate.
Nipper Membership Renewals
Nippers renewing their memberships by 31st August 2017 are automatically registered in the Junior Surf Lifesaving Program (JSLP). If a nipper membership is not renewed before 31st August 2017 their place in the program will be offered to a child on the waiting list.
If you have a child who will be in the UNDER 7 age group this year (ie. has turned 6 years old by 30th September 2017) you can apply for their membership at the same time as you renew your family membership. Please send a copy of the new nipper’s birth certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org when you apply for the new membership. To join your new nipper refer to the Point Leo SLSC Renewing Member Flow Chart and follow the instructions on the screen in your members portal account. You will still need to go to MY FAMILY to renew your family membership if you join another nipper.
If you have a sibling of a current nipper who will be in the Under 8 to Under 14 age groups that you wish to join please email email@example.com with their Name, Gender and DOB. Siblings in these age groups will be given first preference should there be any vacancies in the relevant age groups when renewals close on 31st August 2017.
Session dates for the 2017/2018 season are available on the Junior Page of the club website.
Nipper Board and Equipment Levy
A compulsory Board and Equipment levy of $35 per nipper is payable this year. This levy allows us to continue to purchase and maintain the appropriate equipment required to allow maximum participation for our Nipper members. Please ensure you pay this with your membership fees.
Nipper Parent Membership Requirement
In order to deliver a safe, worthwhile and enjoyable Junior Surf Lifesaving Program (JSLP) the Club is reliant on the active involvement of parents in addition to that of other Club members. Over the years as the number of Junior participants has grown there have been increased requirements from a safety and risk management perspective (both on the beach and in administration/documentation), and the level of training and education required has become increasingly sophisticated. Therefore this requires not only more parent involvement, it also increasingly requires more parents with lifesaving qualifications.
To ensure that we have adequate parental involvement and to encourage and facilitate parents gaining lifesaving qualifications each Nipper must have at least one parent, guardian or immediate adult family member become a member of the club. The parent member must have a valid WWCC as per the Point Leo SLSC WWCC Policy and Information sheet.
Online Parent Assistance Form
The parent who is a club member is required to provide assistance in one area of the program. To assist with the organisation of parent helpers please complete the online Nipper Parent Assistance Form with your first three preferences of the areas where you would like to assist. Click here to complete the Online Parent assistance form or click the button in the left side menu. Your child’s renewal will not be accepted until the online form is completed. Please note that the parent assisting must be a club member.
LSV are still finalising the entry fees, format and frequency of this year’s carnivals so we are unable to set our Junior or Senior season competition fees at the moment. As soon as we have the relevant information we will set the season fees and let you know what they are and when they are due.