Nippers who reach 13 years of age, can experience a fulfilling and exciting career as an active life saver. These members undergo training in beach safety, rescues and First Aid, and are actively involved in the provision of lifesaving services to the public. The Surf Rescue Certificate (SRC) is offered to the Nippers who have turned 13 or 14 years of age and is compulsory for Nippers and Cadets competing in the U14 and U15 age groups at carnivals.
The 2023 Surf Rescue Certificate Course dates are 8am to 5pm on 9, 10 and 16 December with the assessment on 17 December 2023.
Registrations for this year’s course for current members of Point Leo SLSC will open in early September. Details on how to register will be advised in the weekly club notices email.
Expressions of interest to participate (waiting list) in the SRC course for interested 13/14 year olds new to the club are now open (see form below).
- Must be a minimum age of 13 years old on the date of examination
- Must complete a 100m run, 100m swim, 100m run within 5 minutes
- Must have completed a 200m swim in 5 minutes or less, in a swimming pool or over a measured open water course before any training starts in the surf
Units to be covered:
- Radio Operations
- CPR and AED in an emergency situation
- Safety and wellbeing
- Surf Awareness and Skills
- Rescue Techniques
For further information please email the Club Chief Instructor at email@example.com
To register on our 2023 Surf Rescue Certificate course waiting list please complete the form below before October 31 2023.
Sorry, but this form is no longer accepting submissions.