POINT LEO SLSC / MORNINGTON LSC / LIFECHANGER CAMP
Registrations for the Lifechanger camp are closed for POINT LEO members. Point Leo members please do NOT register or pay for the camp. Point Leo members can still register and pay for the Leo Gold.
Point Leo SLSC combined with Mornington LSC are proud to collborate and bring this amazing opportunity to members working with elite Nutragrain Ironmen (TJ Hendy and Max Beattie) as well as a legend of the surf lifesaving (Trevor Hendy). The sessions will involve the Lifechanger group whose aim is to empower young people to live their best life.
Members from Point Leo SLCS and Mornington LSC from U11 and up are eligible to participate in either the full camp or Tuesday only. Each club will be required to provide 1 water safety person for every 5 nipper participants. We may also travel to find surf and so parents need to be on hand to transport participants.
- Fun and engagement
- Facilitate increased connection of all participants and coaches across Point Leo and Mornington SLSC
- Develop skills within a diverse group with a focus on skills in the surf
- Develop high performance competition skills and mindset in self identifying athletes
Monday 15 January 2018 (TJ Hendy and Max Beattie)
- 8.30am Introduction and briefing
- 9.00am – 11.30 surf skills board/ski ± swim (depending on conditions)
- 12.00pm – 1.00pm – starts and finishes for board/ski/swim
- 1.00-2.00pm – lunch
- 2.00pm-3.30pm – water session ± surf (depending on conditions)
- 4.00pm-5.00pm – discussion on diet/training/recovery
Tuesday 16 January 2018 (TJ Hendy and Max Beattie)
- 8.00am-9.00am – Discussion on what it takes to be elite (Point Leo participants)
- 9.00am – 12.00pm – Surf sessions skills under pressure board/ski (U14 and up only)
- 12.00-1.00pm – Lunch
- 12.00-1.00pm – Discussion on what it takes to be elite (Mornington participants)
- 1.00-2.00pm – Lifechanger information session open to all (Trevor Hendy/Scott Watters)
- 2.30pm – 3.30pm – Point Leo/Lifechanger Gold – 5km ski (optional), 4km run, 2km board, 1km swim
- TJ and Max paddle with competitors giving them tips
- Individual or team entry for nippers/seniors
- 5.00pm-9.00pm – Lifechanger sessions for nippers and coaches (Trevor Hendy/Scott Watters)
- For participants who have already completed the first Lifechanger session at Mornington
A flexible fee structure for nippers and seniors
- $90 per senior (U14 and up) participant for full program Monday and Tuesday (including the Gold)
- $70 per nipper (U11-13) which would cover Monday and Tuesday (including the Gold) except Tuesday am senior session
- $60 per senior which would cover Tuesday only (including the Gold)
- $60 per nipper which would cover Monday only
- Entry to the Point Leo/Lifechanger Gold only – $10 per individual and $20 per team
To register and pay please complete the form below and once submitted use the SLSA payment Gateway to make your payment to Point Leo SLSC. Please select Transaction Type of Special Event and list your name in the payment details section.
Sorry, but this form is no longer accepting submissions.